Hi friends, this is my first blog and what better than kick starting it with mouth watering recipe of carrot pudding more famously known as Gajar ka Halwa/Gajrela. As the Diwali is round the corner, what could be better than celebrating the festival with a warm bowl of Gajar Ka Halwa. In my opinion, this is one of the best deserts, which satisfies everybody’s sweet tooth. After marriage this was the first desert I learned to cook and surprised my husband, he relished it and still does. So the recipe is special to me, thus the first post of my blog!! I myself love the dish so much so that it’s become my signature desert for most of the parties happening at my place. So go ahead and enjoy the mouth melting feel of this heavenly preparation. Happy cooking!!
PT: 15-20mins CT: 30-45mins Serves: 04 people
- Carrots(gajar) (500gm, peeled and grated)
- Milk(doodh) (350ml)
- Ghee (clarified butter) (1cup)
- Sugar (cheeni) (11/2 cup)
- Almonds(baadam) (finely sliced 2tsp)
- Pistachio (pista) (finely sliced
- Melon seeds (magaz 1tsp)
- Take a thick bottom pan. Add grated carrot to it. Now pour the the milk till the carrot gets completely immersed in it and let it cook for 10-15mins stirring occasionally in between.
- To the above hot mixture add sugar and stir and let it cook for another 10mins
- In a separate pan take ghee heat it. Add 1tsp of almonds n melon seeds to it n roast for a min. Now add this to the above mention pan containing carrot and sugar mixture.
- Keep stirring the whole mixture occasionally while letting it cook for another 10-15mins till you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer the contents to the serving bowl and garnish with pistachio and remaining almonds.