Hi guys!! I’m back with a rather unusual recipe today. Papad ki sabji!!! For many it may sound quite unusual but yes there exists a dish made of out papads, and is very famous in Gujarati households. It’s the simplest Gujarati dishes that I know to cook and is done within minutes. Serves to be a great side dish or for times when you are not in the mood for an elaborate menu. You can make the dish with any kind of papad the simple urad dal papad or the flavored ones, anything of your liking. so what are you waiting for get going and make this easiest Gujarati cuisine. Happy cooking!! Any queries please post in the comments section below or you can mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prep time: 5mins Cooking time: 10mins Serves: 04people
- Papad (4-6, depending on the size)
- Cumin seeds ( ½tsp)
- Mustard seeds (½ tsp)
- Fenugreek seeds( ½ tsp)
- Red chilli powder (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida (½ tsp)
- Garlic (2-3 buds, finely grated)
- Oil (1tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped, for garnishing)
- Salt (optional)
- In a pan, heat oil and throw in the cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once
they start to crackle, add fenugreek seeds.
- Now add asafoetida, red chilli powder and garlic. Saute for a minute.
- To this add 2 cups water and bring to boil. Break papad into smaller
pieces and add to the boiling water.
- Cook for 5mins till all the water evaporates and the papads become soft.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
- As the papads are already salted, be careful while adding the salt.
- Instead of fenugreek seeds you can add kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) also.