Hi friends I am back with a recipe which is made all over India!! But the beauty lies in the number of ways it’s made. A simple dish made with two common vegetables finds its way in all the households in all the regions and is loved by almost all the people. I am talking about none other than Aloo Gobi ki sabji!! This dish is made in almost all the parts of India but with a local twist. Being a foodie I love all the variants of this recipe but the one which holds a special place for me the Punjabi Aloo Gobi as it reminds me of my school days n the times I have enjoyed this delicacy from my best friend’s Tiffin. So today I have tried my hand on Punjabi Aloo Gobi curry style and down below is the recipe for you all. Hope you all will enjoy it. Happy cooking!
Prep time: 10mins Cooking time: 30-40mins Serves: 04 people
- Cauliflower / phool gobi (250 gm cut into small florets)
- Potato / aloo (250 gm cut into big cubes)
- Onion / pyaz (2 medium sized)
- Tomato / tamatar ( 2 big sized)
- Ginger / adrak (freshly chopped 1 tbsp)
- Garlic / lehsun (freshly chopped 1tsp)
- Red chilli / lal mirch powder (1 tsp)
- Turmeric / haldi powder (1/2 tsp)
- Fennel / saunf powder (1 tsp)
- Garam masala powder (1 tsp)
- Cumin / zeera seeds (1tsp)
- Green chilli / hari mirch (1 whole, cut into 4-5 pieces for garnishing)
- Oil (for frying)
- In a non stick pan shallow fry the cauliflower and potato separately. Keep aside.
- In a grinder, grind onion, tomato, ginger and garlic to make a smooth paste.
- Again using a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds, once they start to crackle add the above made paste to it and cook for 10mins.
- Add the spices red chilli powder, turmeric powder, fennel powder, garam masala powder and cook for another 5-10mins.
- Lastly add the shallow fried cauliflower and potatoes and mix well. Cook for another 15mins by adding a cup of water to facilitate cooking.
- Once done transfer the contents into the serving bowl and garnish with chopped green chillies.
- Whenever you are adding any paste like onion paste, tomato puree or a mixed paste of the raw ingredients to any gravy make sure you cook it well before adding the spices. It imparts added taste to the gravy!