Hey guys I am back!! Today I am here with one of the very popular dish served across almost all the restaurants in India. Wondering what it is!! Well its none other than Kadai Chicken!! The name of the dish is derived from its bowl "kadai" (meaning wok) in which it is prepared. Single utensil (kadai/wok) is required for its preparation. In many restaurants its even served in small little kadais!!
But highlight of the dish in my personal opinion is the addition of the bell peppers to it, which elevates the taste of the dish to entirely different level. My idea of good cooking is to create tasty food with minimal spices and this recipe fits in aptly. So go ahead and relish its taste with hot rotis or rice and tell me how it was. Happy cooking!!
Prep time: 30mins Cooking time: 30mins Serve: 02-03 people
- Chicken (350gms, boneless cut into small curry cut pieces)
- Onion / pyaz (1 big cut into big pieces, as we cut for grills)
- Tomato / tamatar (1 big cut into big cubes)
- Green bell pepper / capsicum/ shimla mirch (cleaned deseeded and cut into 1’’ pieces)
- Ginger garlic / adrak lehsun paste (2-3 tsp)
- Lemon juice (2 tbsp, freshly squeezed)
- Cumin / zeera seeds (1tsp)
- Garam masala powder (3 tsp)
- Clove / laung (6-7 in no)
- Cinnamon / dalchini (3-4 small sticks)
- Salt / namak (as per taste)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Clean the chicken pieces and marinate with a mixture of ginger garlic paste, 1tsp garam masla powder and lemon juice. Keep in the deep freezer for 30mins.
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds. Once they start crackling add clove and cinnamon along with onion and sauté for 5 mins.
- Remove the chicken from the freezer and add to the above mentioned pan. And add the remaining 2 tsp of garam masala and sauté well. Add 1 cup water.
- Cook the whole mixture for another 15mins. You can add more water as per the requirement and till the chicken is cooked well.
- Transfer the contents into a bowl and serve hot.
- 1 cup refers to 250 ml.
- For those who like their food spicy can add green chilies after the addition of onion and follow the same steps after that.