Hello friends today’s recipe is methi paneer. A very simple and basic recipe made of cottage cheese / paneer. Cottage cheese can be made in various ways like shahi paneer, paneer pasanda , paneer lababdar but this mathi paneer I feel is the easiest of all. With just a few basic ingredients you can make a main course dish for your lunch or dinner in no time.
So go ahead and try it now and tell me how it was in the comments section below! Happy cooking!!
Prep time: 10mins Cooking time: 20mins Serves: 03-04 people
- Cottage cheese / paneer (350gm, cubes)
- Onion / pyaz (1, medium sized)
- Tomato / tamatar(2, medium sized)
- Kasuri methi (1 tbsp)
- Cumin / zeera seeds (1/2 tbsp)
- Red chilli / lal mirchi powder (1tsp)
- Turmeric / haldi powder (1/2 tsp)
- Garam masala powder (1tsp)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Fresh cream (For garnishing; optional)
- Make a fine paste of onion and tomato using a blender and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, once its heated, add cumin seeds to it. When they start crackle, add kasuri methi and sauté for a min.
- Add the above mentioned onion tomato paste to the pan and let it cook for 5 mins with lid closed.
- Now add the spices (red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder) and cook for another 3-5 mins.
- Lastly add the cottage cheese cubes to it. Mix well and add a cup of water so as to cook the cottage cheese in the masala gravy. Cook for 10mins.
- Transfer the contents into the bowl garnish with fresh cream (optional) and serve hot with Rotis, Naans, Paranthas, Mattar pulao, Zeera rice etc.
- 1 cup = 150 ml.
- If you are using frozen cottage cheese immerse it in hot water for 5-10 mins before adding to the gravy.